Arbor knows that heart disease continues to be the number one killer of women! This translates to heart disease being responsible for about 1 in 4 deaths among U.S. women.
Arbor has been a long-time partner of WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart disease, an organization that provides support, education and advocacy on behalf of the over 48 million women living with or at risk of heart disease. For the last 20 years, WomenHeart has supported women living with or at risk of heart disease, by:
- Training over 900 WomenHeart Championsto be educators, advocates, and supports to women living with or at risk of heart disease
- Annually distributed an average of nearly 100,000 Red Bags of Courage® and Para la Mujer (Spanish) bags with information for women living with and at risk of heart disease
- Establishing and supporting over 100 in-person and virtual support groups, in 33 states
- Engaging over 40 hospitals in the National Hospital Alliance to improve women's heart health since 2015
- Advancing policies to expand access to cardiac rehab services, increase the number of women in clinical trials, and protect access to health coverage for all Americans
Arbor is calling on our team members, families and friends to join us in supporting WomenHeart’s efforts to improve the health and quality of life of women living with or at risk of heart disease, and to advocate for their benefit.